Hunger, Climate Change, Racism, Environmental Destruction, Soil Degradation. Should we work harder and faster to stop the problems, standing firmly in our worldview of what is good and right? Or is it time for a different approach– a shift in perspective to reconcile opposing views that can transform our culture?
reNourish Studio is a culture lab by Farmer’s Footprint designing and evolving businesses and financial vehicles in food and agriculture. We aim to shift the culture of our food system; by redirecting the role of financial capital from the central goal of the system to an enabler that can transform the way we farm and eat.
We believe the premise of our food system can evolve to be one of nourishment and celebration.
We are not satisfied with solutions that are simply “more of the same,” so we are gathering to support the ambitious intention of radically transforming our food system. Will you join us?
We are inviting a diverse group of approximately twenty California-based participants to join reNourish Studio with backgrounds in the financial sector, farming, community organizing, food processing, technology, and education. While the focus of the studio is business models and financial vehicles, we recognize that we will need stakeholders from the whole of the food system in the room so we can create together.
reNourish Studio will apply a host of financial vehicles (e.g. credit models, investments, profit-share, cooperatives, etc.) to our California food system. In year one of the studio we will identify projects rooted in our current work, in year two we will test these projects, and in year three we will refine and launch projects.
Throughout the duration of the studio we will explore the edge of our comfort zones, learn from one another, and deeply examine our current belief systems and their origins. There will be moments of awe and wonder and moments where we are forced to reckon with harsh truths and systemic realities. In a space of creativity, we’ll evolve our existing work or create something new entirely.
• Well versed in five different forms of capitals (financial, built, living, social, and human), this could mean: investors, philanthropists, healthcare professionals, community organizers, farmers, educators, ecologists and more
• Who have unique life experiences, different ancestral heritages, and varied beliefs
• Interested in developmental work and comfortable exploring beyond the edges of your comfort zone
• Who have a current business or project you are working on that is California and food based that you want to evolve, or you are willing to start and carry through a new project
• Able to listen to and value different perspectives, even if you don’t agree with them
Our application process is meant to allow you to decide if you are interested to join us through self reflection. We want to connect with people who are intrigued and enlivened by reNourish Studio. Please set aside time to reflect on the questions in the form below. We’ll invite most people who submit applications to join us in person September 24-26, 2021 in Vacaville, CA. At the end of the event we will decide together if the studio is a good fit and whether you are interested in joining us for three years.
Please complete the following reflections: